For the chicken:
- 1 whole chicken, spatchcocked
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
For the glaze:
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Using poultry shears, remove backbone from chicken.
- Salt the chicken generously, place in fridge for 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Once chicken is brined, remove from fridge and rinse off excess salt, dab dry.
- Mix softened margarine, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Rub margarine mixture under the skin of the bird.
- Combine brown sugar, soy sauce and chili flakes.
- Place in oven for 40 minutes and glaze, return to oven for 5 minute or until internal thigh temperature reaches 160°